Cincinnati Fire Apparatus
Index / Site Map



Featured Depts:

> Cincinnati

- Blue Ash

- Montgomery

- Sycamore



About

Links

Northern Kentucky
Fire Apparatus

The Cincinnati Fire Department placed their first specialized rescue unit into service in 1918, when Engine 52 was reorganized as Squad 52.  The unit went by this name until 2006, when the identifier changed to Squad 14 to reflect the station where the apparatus was quartered.  At that time, a second heavy rescue was placed into service - Ladder 14 was reorganized as Squad 9.  In 2011, the unit designation was changed to "Rescue" which follows the standard nomenclature used by the rest of the fire departments in Hamilton County.

Each unit responds to special (technical) rescue incidents including collapse rescue, trench rescue, high angle rescue, extrication (motor vehicle/machinery) and hazardous material incidents.  Rescue 14 responds to one alarm fires in the southern half of the city and Rescue 9 responds to one alarm fires in the northern half of the city.  Both units respond to any extra alarm fires.



Page Visitors
Cincinnati Fire Department - Rescue (Squad) Company History
1918Ahrens-Fox
1942Seagrave
1970Seagrave / Marion
1985Ford / Saulsbury
1997Spartan / Ferrara
2006Spartan / Central States
Heavy Rescue 14 (Squad 52) Apparatus
25152
25163
4656
51710
71710
61710
1985Ford / Saulsbury
1997Spartan / Ferrara
2008Spartan / Rosenbauer

Heavy Rescue 9 Apparatus
51510
71710
81710

Shown above are the current apparatus used by Rescue 9 and Rescue 14.  These pictures were taken at the 9/11 Memorial in successive years at virtually the same location.